Because we like to know every corner of our systems, nearly all of them are running on our own hardware. Our team "NDCO" has everything from the VM's network interface to the internet uplinks in their hands. Depending on your experience you will take over responsibility for some of our systems very soon, while your more experienced colleagues will always be there to support you. We automated most of the boring routine tasks, so you can focus on troubleshooting, analyzing performance issues and discussing the further development of our infrastructure.
- BGP routing both in hardware (Extreme) and software (FreeBSD / Linux + BIRD)
- FreeBSD + pf used for load balancing
- A few hundred of Dell servers
- KVM virtualization
- A few thousands of Debian VMs
- Internal tools to glue everything together
- You are not afraid of touching hardware as well as source code
- You are a communicative team player who likes to discuss technical matters and always wants to find the root cause of a problem
- You have in-depth knowledge of networking including IPv6
- You have got real world experience with network debug tools like tcpdump, netcat, wireshark, traceroute etc.
- You have solid knowledge of Linux and/or BSD operating systems (ideally Debian and FreeBSD) that enables you to troubleshoot low level problems
- You automate tasks with at least one (scripting) language, ideally Python
- You develop automation and monitoring tools for infrastructure (network, load balancing, VM creation and base system)
- You keep our hardware working, stable and updated mostly using remote hands in data centers
- You provide knowledge and troubleshooting regarding network and virtualization-related things to other members of System Administration team
- You debug occasionally network-related issues for other teams
Why join us?
- Be part of a great international team in a healthy and stable growing company
- Choose your preferred device (Linux, Mac or even Windows) to set-up your favorite workplace
- We actively support your further development and give you all needed resources to evaluate new technologies and participate in open source communities
- We provide additional training budget for conferences and courses
- Our career model is set up equally for an expert in a technical career or a management path
- Use opportunities to make your code open source and show your achievements at international conferences
- We offer competitive compensation with benefits like relocation support, company gym, smartphone or tablet, company bikes, rooftop terrace with BBQ and much more
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Linux System Administrator (Network and Infrastructure)? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Cristal Ledesma would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ first mobile title Warlords of Aternum is a fantasy turn-based strategy game. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.